U-V
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hints for MINER/RAIDER strategy

Go down

Hints for MINER/RAIDER strategy Empty Hints for MINER/RAIDER strategy

Post  mksaron Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:41 am

All,
let me share with you some thoughts about how to gain points quickly/efficiently for the MINER/RAIDER player style:

First of all Ogame is a RESOURCE based strategy game thus the main aim is to get as much RESOURCE and as quickly as possible. The aim is not only to gain res but also to spend it wisely so they produce more res. That's the main rule what should drive all your activities.
There are many ways to accomplish that i.e. if you are an active guy most of the day online then it might be very effective to become a FLEETER and raid others. If you are however not so much online or just a pacifist (or want to be "better safe than sorry") be a MINER.
BUILDINGS:In this case you build metal and crystal mines primarily as this will allow you to build the next level of these mines quickly. Metal mines should be 3-4-5 levels higher than crystal, why? Simply check the ratio of metal:crystal needed to build a metal mine (4:1) crystal mine (2:1) and solar plant (2,5:1) that means your metal production should be 2,5-3 times of your crystal production in your resource view. In addition excess metal will allow you to drop down a couple of Rocket Launchers for defense.
FLEET: As a MINER you do not build military fleet (maybe a very small one) but many transportation types of ships (small and large cargoes). Why? Simply because ships are bad investment for a miner. If ships are just standing around and not used extensively for raiding fat targets they won't raid/"produce" so much res as the mines you could have built instead of the ships. With the cargo ships however you need to raid the inactives around you continuously.
DEFENSE: Defenses are also in general bad investment as there is no return of res (you certainly will need a minimal to make sure it will be costly for the attacker to raid you - ie he has to send a big fleet which costs a lot of deut to operate...few hundred RLs, LLs, couple of HLs, ICs and min 15GCs and 7PCs with both shields later on)
FLEET SAVE and RESOURCE SAVE are an absolute must for the MINER as you have no protection (mininal defense) and no retaliation possibility (no military fleet) you need to appear as an unprofitable target in any case!
Also if you are attacked a polite note (asking to withdraw as the hit won't be profitable) to the attacker helps 80+% in the cases. If not just make sure you spend everything before he hits (construct buildings, start research, build defenses or simply RES SAVE)

Useful links: FAQ & Guides list is a MUST to read!!! (Some areas are outdated but many things are explained here in details)
http://board.ogame.org/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=582503

Player styles:
http://board.ogame.org/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=430477

mksaron

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum